Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Saturday afternoon

Tomorrow is Sunday. Its my first day off in ten days. I can wake up late, not set an alarm and eat when I like. The fact that tomorrow is a holiday makes today more special somehow. Its always been that way, and when I got off at 1 30 PM today, it brought back that heavenly feeling of a Saturday afternoon from school which was a 'half-day'. Added to this feeling was the relief that I finally completed my Masters in Public Health yesterday.

It has been a lazy Saturday afternoon. It was cloudy outside, and cloudy weather is somehow appetizing. Went for a walk, with the vague idea of getting something to eat. Walked for a mile and then realized I specifically wanted a cinnamon crunch bagel from Panera bread. So I hopped on the next bus, had my bagel with hot coffee. Set out to get some groceries from an Indian store in the area. Window shopped along the way at the university store. This of course led to buying a sweatshirt for myself to commemorate completing my MPH. It started raining, a light drizzle. Opened my borrowed umbrella, which turned out to be HUGE. Walked in the rain with my eyes full of spring flowers which I could see everywhere through the hazy drizzle. As I was walking, dwarfed under my blue-and-white umbrella, I hadn't realized I was frowning with thought. A stranger on the sidewalk looked at me and said "Smile!". So I smiled. I had every reason to.

6 Comments:

Blogger Keshav said...

Congrats on completing your MPH..I gather from the blog that you are pretty busy.. Well Good luck and have fun ...

10:48 AM

 
Blogger the stygian sailor said...

esmyeel...
happy dent white or beer bleach???
have fun

10:21 PM

 
Blogger The shadow reader said...

:)

9:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pack up your trouble in an old kit bag,
and smile;smile;smile.
While u were lucifer to light your fags,
smile girl thats the style!
Whats the use of worrying;
it's never...(forgot the words)...
So, pack up your troubles in an old kit bag;
and smile;smile smlie!!!

STATUTARY WARNING : CIGARETTE SMOKING IS INJURIOUS TO HEALTH. ;)

8:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post, as always, waiting to hear more juicy stories about intern/resident life...talk about identity crisis..:P
How was WallE?

9:24 AM

 
Blogger Pankaj said...

i liked the part where u said u could sleep without the alarm .. i can sooooo relate to that part :)

8:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home